Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Summer Memories

Summer was a whirlwind and (almost) exactly how I hoped my school-aged-kid's summers would be.  Travel, Pool, Pajama Days, Dirty Feet, Crafts, Exploration.  All things we fit in.  We also had our first broken bone, but it barely stopped her.  Like anything could.

This was our first "summer break" with both kids in school.  So here are a few thoughts.

* If I am lucky, I will have 10 more of these as a parent. It is basically my life's mission to create the most magical summer breaks, memories, and adventures together with them.

*There is never enough time to visit all the people I love and live far away from, but three weeks gives me a pretty fair shot.

*It is totally worth it to drive an entire day just to spend the afternoon with a friend.

*Fireworks never get old.  Wait out the crowd for the closest seats.

* I really hope Ellie doesn't remember what a bummer it is to have a cast on during summer, but instead remember the two weeks of piggy back rides, four weeks of slumber parties with mom, and the feeling that really nothing is going to slow her down.

* Years and miles, never change real friends.

ALP_3641bw
ALP_3966
IMG_7827
IMG_7817
ALP_4165
ALP_4111
ALP_4054
ALP_3084 copy
ALP_3755bw
ALP_3712
IMG_7796
IMG_7756
ALP_2059 copy
IMG_7703
ALP_2776 copy
ALP_2906 copy
ALP_48302
ALP_5011 copy
Untitled

SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment