Tuesday, January 22, 2013

This is what zen feels like.

It is amazing how much I can get done when my husband is away and the kids are at the sitter.
Three hours.  Just three hours.
My house is organized, spotless even.
Shopping is done.
All the laundry is done, folded, put away.
No dishes.
Dog is walked.
Coffee in hand.

It is equally amazing that today I took my Carter to school, and it was closed.  This is the 3rd time this school year.  Third. Time.

Here are some of the shenanigans overheard at my house today:
(These are just copies of texts I have sent to Chris throughout the day.)


Ellie came downstairs got the cup I put in the fridge last night and said, "Daddy made a cup for me before he left! Ha ha haha ha!"
I'm all, "umm I did that."
***insert sing song voice*** "NOoooo, Daddy did cause he lovessssss me."



Ellie sitting on the toilet pooping, "you're going down suckaaaaaaa!"




"If you say Martin the King is funny, then Martin the King will give you a lump of coal."



"Moooom is Martin Luther King Santa's middle name?"



Ellie just told me: 
Do you know what I said to miss Lisa? I said, 'I won't hit you Lisa.' Do you know why I said that? Because I don't feel like hitting anyone today. Only because my hands hurt. 


Ellie to Carter: I'm not laughing at your funny looks, I'm just laughing at your personality. 



So yeah... it is only 1:30.

1 comment:

  1. Have I mentioned lately that you should write a book...oh yah. I did! A house full of smart asses!! This makes my day!! Love you guys! Miss you! <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete