Thursday, October 4, 2012

Langtry

Carter has a new "Alter Ego."  His name is Langtry.  (original.)
It what he calls himself when he wants to have an "adult" conversation and call me Ashley.
He cracks me up. 
 Him and I started reading the How to Train Your Dragon series.  So it has been our new ritual to read together during naptime, and I let him stay up a half hour later to read it after Ellie goes to bed.
Tonight, I said to that sweet little ginger of mine, "Carter, thank you for spending special time with me. I miss you being my baby, but I love that we get to do big things together like reading this book."  Carter hugged my face and said, "Mama, I am going to grow up to be a big boy.  I am going to grow up to be a lot of things, but you know what?  I am always going to be your baby."
He didn't stop there, "...and Mama, I am always going to be there for you.  'Cuz I love you more than anyone else in the world."

And that, my friends, made my life
. IMG_6211

1 comment:

  1. Your little boy is soooo smart! and you are such a great mom. I hope when i grow up I am half as good of a parent as you are! This is a sweet story and I am glad you shared it! <3 Sarah

    ReplyDelete