Friday, August 10, 2012

Maui

Photography took me to Maui.
I took Chris.
The kids stayed home.
The cat stands alone.

Or something like that.
I don't even like cats.

Impression on Maui:

  • Holy crap it is GREEN. 
  • What, I am standing on an island, looking at other islands?
  • These people are crazy-rich, and crazy.
  • I can't imagine the dreamy childhood you would have if you grew up there.
  • The roads are so curvy I got super car sick, a bunch of times.
  • There was a road, on the edge of a cliff, that suddenly turned into a one lane road, around a serious curve where you couldn't see on coming traffic. I think it is similar to Cleveland's "dead man's curve," only scarier. And greener.
  • Best Chocolate Macnut Pie, ever.
  • Lahaina sunsets are amazing.
  • Old men are the best surfers ever, but five year olds are the cutest.
  • Just because the sign says "road ends," doesn't mean it is true.  You might try to keep driving, and then you will find a hidden rich development, on which every street has a sign that says it is a dead end.  But, alas, signs lie.  

Also, while being away I learned, that even though I used to claim, "Home is wherever my husband takes me," I publicly admit I was wrong.  Because he was in Maui with me, but my kids were in Oahu.  So 18 hours later, I changed my mind about where home is.

And, I would like to give a big thanks to the Rainbow Gods, for giving me my quintessential "rainbow between mountains" shot, because nothing makes me warm up to Hawaii more than my daily rainbow fix, and what kind of photographer would I be if I came home with out one from another island?

Now, here is way too many pictures because I can't choose with ones I love the best.


























2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this!! I love the pistures, easpecially the ones of Chris's speacial fingers!! haha (no really my fav is the rainbow, nooo, maybe the sailboat...how about ALL of them!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. home is where your FAMILY is, not just the babies, not just Chris :) I say the same thing about Ryan, but I don't have babies. BTW this is JUST BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete