Thursday, May 31, 2012

One month later...

There are always flowers for those who want to see them.- Henri Matisse

IMG_1544

We are still in the hotel.  Over a month later.  What a crazy, costly, stressful move this has been.  I feel so angry and bitter with the Navy for putting us in this position.  It is *almost* over, I am not going to get into detail about that.

That aside, I have had a hard time with this move.  It was hard for me to leave California, but I didn't have a good chance to miss anyone, because I went "home" to Cleveland where I was happy to see friends and family that I had been missing for two years.  I reconnected with friends, and then left there too.  Now I am here- super far away from anyone I know.  Missing California and Cleveland.  Feeling guilty every time Carter says, "do you think Niya and Mehki miss me?"  Trying to get the timing right to call home (6 hour time difference) that is *if* I can find reception in the hotel room and the kids are occupied for a few minutes.

IMG_1555

I know, I know, I moved to paradise.  That is what everyone tells me.  And it is beautiful.  The weather is perfect.  I get to jog and look at rainbows.  But I feel lonely and disconnected.

Here is to being positive and making the most of it.  Finding my niche here in Hawaii, staying close with those far away.  Getting my business going, finding customers.  Getting the kids in routine.  More family hikes, lizard hunts and seeing more waterfalls.
IMG_1520     IMG_1408

IMG_1531

1 comment:

  1. You are truly missed, and no matter if your in the best place on earth...it is hard without "your people". I know you will find you thing there...it will just take time and stress, which you have probably had enough of! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the wonderful pictures. I am excited that you will be in your home soon...I miss you as I am sure everyone else does. Love you. Take care! <3

    ReplyDelete