Sunday, December 18, 2011

No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.- Unknown


Having a baby is like meeting yourself for the first time.  In an instant you are changed.  Your life becomes split.  Ashley-before-Carter. Ashley-after-Carter, Ashley-as-a-mother-of-two.  I don't even know who those other Ashley's are anymore.  


Sometimes I am just in awe as I watch that tiny firecracker run through life- nothing can stop her.  Taking care of Ellie is like having a tiny piece of God.  I knew her before she was even born.  From day one I knew she was a girl- no ultrasound needed. I picked the name specifically because I was certain she would be a feisty, curly haired, red-head.

Today is exactly two years since the birth of my baby girl.  Two years since the birth of the best version of myself.  At 11:40 AM they handed her to me.  There she was, and there I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment