Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Things that have been happening since I started sucking at blogging:

Carter got a new cape, which is pretty much all he needs for entertainment.  You can catch him at any given time "stopping cars" or opening automatic doors at the grocery store.  He is so animated about it, he really has a story going inside his head as he shoots magic.  Crazy little thing.


Ellie is convinced the "movers" are some evil monsters coming to take her away.  Also, with the help of Chris' iPad, she has perfected her fake cry face.  See:

We are leaving San Diego in two weeks (sniffle sniffle) and will spend two or more months in Cleveland waiting for Chris to be done with school, and get us a house in HI.
I am getting more and more excited about HI.
And more and more sad about leaving San Diego.

I made a new, kid friendly way to sneak chicken and veggies in on the kiddos.  My kids have an issue with chewing the meat.  So:
Chicken Roll Ups

Homemade Chicken Salad, (mine had carrots and celery mixed in) and american cheese- rolled up in a crescent roll.  

Both my kids ate it.  So it is a win in my house of picky eaters.

Carter and Ellie got to see Toy Story on Ice.  Ellie wore her Jessie shirt, and Carter wore his Woody shirt.  We got there just in time to have the usher point us in the direction of our nose bleed seats.  As I was walking up the stairs he gestured for me to come back and said, "your little boy loves Woody, doesn't he?" I of course concurred, and he walked us down to the front row, and said it was Carter's lucky day.  I wish I would have had a chance to thank this man- but it was so crowded and happened so fast.  It was a present for Carter's 4th birthday, and he has seriously been THE biggest fan since he was two years old.  I don't think that man knew how much that meant to me.  There really are sweet people in this world.
(my chubbs babies two years ago)
Ellie 6 Months
(still a fan)
IMG_4706

Ellie has completely fallen head over heals in love with a teeny tiny rabbit- the size of a dime.  No joke.  It came with a book.  There are several little figures that came with that book, but the rabbit is it.  She smuggled it into the YMCA a few days ago, and dropped it while her and Chris were playing on the way out.  I actually found the same book (used) for $1 online- so I broke down and bought it.  But until it comes I have been hearing, "Moooooom, where my bunnywabbit go?  At YCA?  WHYYYYYYYY" on repeat. Oh Mr. Postman, look and see, if there is a letter oh yeah, in that bag for me...

One of the sweetest things Carter has been up to lately is saving the toilet paper rolls, and wearing them on his arms as "lasers" or "web shooters." So cute. So cheap.  He has also been eating 5-6 meals a day.  He woke up the other morning, grabbed and empty roll from the bathroom (I just save them on the counter) and his hand didn't fit.  No joke.  Just overnight like that.  That sweet little-boy-moment is gone.  Just. Like. That.  (insert the sound of my heart breaking here.) 

We have been reading a lot.  It has been about 3-4 months since we got rid of the TV, and I don't miss it anymore.  Neither to the kids.  I have been spending lots at the bookstore though- I just can't help myself.  I keep finding books I used to love.  Charlotte's Web!  Yes please!  We bought it yesterday and we are already half way through.  I can't believe they can sit that long, or my voice doesn't give out- but as long as they will listen.  I will read.

I made my January goal to run 100 miles,  104 to be exact!  So happy with myself.  I can officially call myself a runner, or an athlete, or some other name I haven't been able to refer to myself as in a few years.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment