Saturday, December 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Ellie

Ellie 2


No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.- Unknown

Having a baby is like meeting yourself for the first time.  In an instant you are changed.  Your life becomes split.  Ashley-before-Carter. Ashley-after-Carter, Ashley-as-a-mother-of-two.  I don't even know who those other Ashley's are anymore.  

Sometimes I am just in awe as I watch that tiny firecracker run through life- nothing can stop her.  Taking care of Ellie is like having a tiny piece of God.  I knew her before she was even born.  From day one I knew she was a girl- no ultrasound needed. I picked the name specifically because I was certain she would be a feisty, curly haired, red-head.

Today is exactly two years since the birth of my baby girl.  Two years since the birth of the best version of myself.  At 11:40 AM they handed her to me.  There she was, and there I was.



026 - Copy (2)

053

No comments:

Post a Comment