Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Week:

Busy, busy, busy.
And no pics to show for it.  Well, maybe a few but I haven't uploaded yet.  I will definitely have some this after noon.  But in the mean time, this is what I have been up to.
  • Chris came home Wednesday, well actually Thursday because he had duty on Wednesday- but still...
  • Carter saw Chris and ran straight through the screen door.  Seriously.  Then hit the ground crying in one big pile of shame for breaking the screen door.  We all pointed and laughed.  Kidding.
  • Ellie has said "Daddy" over 1,204,467 times.  She points and smiles and says his name over and over.  She is so excited he is home. (Don't get used to it kid.)
  • I have had two classes this week: Composition and Portraits.  I suck at Composition, but I will do it over and over, and over until I get it.  I (think) I kind of rock with Portraits.  
  • I got two HUGE boxes of clothes in the mail for Ellie.  Hand-me-downs from my brother and SIL.  AWESOME!  I only have to shop for one child.  I'll take it.
  • Chris has duty today, but I have a babysitter, a photo class, and a few free hours to walk Balboa park and take pics.  
  • This week I had my first experience (as a mother) with the stomach flu.  Cleaning up puke sucks.  But LUCKILY it was a short bout.
  • I got extension tubes in the mail.  $11 dollars on amazon.  Seriously.  My 50mm is crazy macro.  Expect super close ups of tiny things... just 'cuz I can.
  • The kids picked out their costumes.  I have Superman and Supergirl.  I didn't have to persuade at all. (Even though I was prepared to persuade them if need be.)
  • I am officially not addicted to coffee.  Since I don't drink or smoke (in 5 years) and I don't drink coffee- I am, for the first time in my adult life, not addicted to anything.  Woo Whoo!  Ps.  The cup of coffee sitting next to me right now is a treat, not a relapse. 
  • I may very well be a 68 year old, stuck in a 28 year old body.
  • Having Chris home is awesome.
  • It has been in the 90's this week.  Which is torture since it is October and I should be wearing sweaters.  HELLO California!

No comments:

Post a Comment