Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sunset Cruise

To celebrate my sweet, sweet friends birthday, we went on a Sunset Cruise off Mission Beach:
090
Brace yourself, there are lots of pictures, this was a good opportunity to practice, not to mention it was beautiful.
We saw seals:

038


And dolphins:
129

And dolphins "surfing" alongside the boat:
125

And pelicans:
017
And crazy zen levitating pelicans:
021
And hundreds of crazy pelicans dive bombing dolphins:
142
And I took TONS of beautiful photos of my beautiful friend:
197
Then when the ride was over... (also known as: when I was done puking my head off...)
290 
(I didn't care at all, I still had tons of fun)
Anyways, AFTER the ride was over we got really creative and had lots of fun shooting in the dark.
319
And by dark I mean, 15 second exposure time 1.8 aperture dark.

Don't let the sunglasses fool you...
320

Thank God for creepy old men who are willing to give young women tours of the locked boat docks and watch them do silly things like lie on the ground snapping pictures of people using balancing acts and bean bags.  <--- run on sentence much???
331

Thank God for patient friends who let you try 30 second exposures at least 7 or 8 times until you get the glow of the water just right:
333

And Thank God for IFLC for teaching me things I never new was possible with a just a camera and a kit lens.
339

No comments:

Post a Comment