Wednesday, December 30, 2009

14 of 365

Took all day to unpack, but finally got settled this afternoon!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

13 of 365

Rather exciting view for Carter at the rest stop. Day two of traveling... photo1 - Copy

Monday, December 28, 2009

12 of 365

268 - Copy
The move is slow going. Had to stop for the night.

Friday, December 25, 2009

Thursday, December 24, 2009

8 of 365

2009 020 - Copy Chris took over the "Holiday duties" and baked cookies for Santa. I have decided he must like me fat, and is trying to keep me that way.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

7 of 365

2009 044 Holy S, I have ankles again! The swelling is starting to go down. No kankles, no rolls on my knees, and no double chin! THANK GOD- a Christmas miracle!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Monday, December 21, 2009

5 of 365

2009 015 - Copy Feeling really good, and really lousy all at the same time.

Friday, December 18, 2009

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Saturday, December 12, 2009

4 days or less

I have crossed my Ts and dotted my Is, (I think.) I am ready to go into labor at anytime, but I don't know if I am mentally prepared- at least not for surgery. To top it off, Carter has a miserable cold today and I would really hate for my first night in two years away from him to be when he is sick.
But, this baby is cooked, so here we go!

Three years today.

It is three years ago today that Chris left for bootcamp. I am so proud of how far he has come. <3


Thursday, December 10, 2009

Less than 7 days!

I am going to have a second babe in one week or less, and it hit me today: I still haven't got over my (irrational) fear of forgetting Carter somewhere, or locking him and my keys in the car.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Dear Lord, give me greatness of heart to see, The difference between duty and his love for me. Give me a task to do each day, to help pass the time while he is away; Give me the understanding, so that I may know, That when duty calls he must go; And, Dear Lord, when he goes out to sea, please bring him home safely to me.

Thursday, December 3, 2009


Chris has started the "in and out" faze. He will be leaving for good by January 15th.

Right now, it is not a good idea for me to be alone. One minute I feel decent, and then the next minute I can hardly walk. Plus, I could go into labor at anytime, so...
We have Mom staying with us now, and as soon as we get answers back on Chris' leave chits, we will know if/when/who will be coming down next.
I had my doctor appointment yesterday. The baby weighs in a 7lbs, but they are not expecting him or her to be quite as huge as Carter. Still, if I don't have the baby naturally by the 39th week we are scheduled for a C-section December 17th. This will avoid shoulder dystocia, and any further damage to me.
I don't understand Navy Medical Center, I can opt for surgery but they won't induce me, even with an amnio. ??? What, what! My doctor even wishes she could induce, but legally she is not allowed. I wish I can just switch to a civilian provider- they induce for any reason what so ever.
I am trying to be positive, and I am trying every trick in the book to get this baby out now. ***fingers crossed***